Our mothers use to say “if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.” So, with that life lesson in mind, we only have a couple of things to say about Da Nang:
1. There is a pretty cool dragon bridge. Apparently, on the weekends, the dragon breathes fire.
2. The beach is pretty.
3. The cham sculpture at the museum is interesting. (Nope, I’m not going to say anything at all about the fact that the My Son ruins have been pillaged to supply materials for the museum. Nothing at all.).
4. It is windy.
5. There is amazing pizza here. And the pool bar at our hotel has cheap wine. (Nope, not going to say anything about the dirty towels, the light that comes on in the middle of the night, or the paper thin walls and the bratty toddler in the room next door….).
6. We confirmed we do not blindly love anything and everything about Vietnam.
7. We fly to Hanoi tomorrow.